by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
GP Week : Issue 91
TORO Rosso team principal Franz Tost says he will retain an unchanged driver line-up for 2011, with Switzerland's Sebastien Buemi and Spain's Jaime Alguersuari set to hang onto their seats for next year. This season has been Buemi's second full year as an F1 race driver, while it's Alguersuari's first having joined the team at the Hungarian Grand Prix last year as a replacement for Sebastien Bourdais. Speaking ahead of this weekend's German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, Tost said both drivers had been confirmed for next year already: "I believe our drivers will be well prepared for 2011, which is why they are both confirmed for next year," said Tost. "It is also logical, because one key role of Scuderia Toro Rosso is to bring on young drivers from the Red Bull Young Driver programme and at the ages of 21 and 20 respectively, both Seb and Jaime certainly still meet the right criteria." But Buemi said he had not yet signed a contract to stay with the team for 2011, amid rumours that he may be on other teams' shopping lists, including Renault. He told Switzerland's Blick: "I have not signed yet. There are some details that are missing, so the transfer market is still open." Tost con rms unchanged 2011 line-up at Toro Rosso McLaren to run back-to-back di user tests McLAREN will run back-to-back tests on its rear diffuser in Friday practice at Hockenheim this weekend as it looks to fully evaluate its blown diffuser for the German Grand Prix weekend. McLaren tested the blown diffuser -- known internally as the T3 floor -- for the first time in free practice at Silverstone a week ago but did not run it on Saturday and Sunday. A modified version of the diffuser will be brought to Germany in the hope of running it throughout the weekend. "The days since the British Grand Prix have been spent back at the McLaren Technology Centre industriously undertaking rig tests, dyno running and development in the wind tunnel to ensure that the future deployment of the blown diffuser gives us a more accurate and beneficial read," said team principal Martin Whitmarsh. "Of course, that final validation will only come at the circuit. So we're looking at undertaking a major test programme on Friday at Hockenheim. This will involve both drivers running back-to-back evaluations with the T2 (old) and T3 (new) floors." Jenson Button said the T3 floor had made the car unpredictable to drive but is nevertheless looking forward to getting it working correctly in Germany. "It was just unpredictable and difficult to feel comfortable in," said Button. F1 NEWS >> Buemi not so sure ... Villeneuve teams up with Durango? FORMER world champion Jacques Villeneuve has joined forces with disgraced GP2 outfit Durango in an attempt to return to Formula One next season, just days before the FIA is due to unveil the identity of the sport's 13th team for 2011. Although Villeneuve refused to comment on the rumours, Durango's team principal has since confirmed the link-up: "I've never made it a secret that I'm looking at a future F1 programme, and have been working hard on that for the past 12 months," Villeneuve said in a statement. "However, I have no further comment at this time." Speaking to 422race.com, Durango team principal Ivone Pinton confirmed that Villeneuve had been brought onboard.: "Jacques is an energic and willing guy. I really hope together we will find a place," said Pinton. "For Durango, to work with him is an honour and a privilege: we are talking about the son of a myth and a former world champion. "Jacques' role? Together with being driver, I'm sure he will factively contribute to the society. I think he's preparing himself the job to do after he quits driving." The FIA is due to announce a replacement for USF1 this month, July, to compete in F1 from next season as a 13th team. 9