by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
GP Week : Issue 134
Images used in GPWEEK are shot by the photo-artists at Sutton Images. Posters available of any shot – CLICK HERE for more information Interested in Aussie V8 Supercars? cLIcK HErE to access Australasian Motorsport eNews ... Images used in GPWEEK are shot by the photo-artists at Sutton Images. Posters available of any shot – CLICK HERE for more information Interested in Aussie V8 Supercars? cLIcK HErE to access Australasian Motorsport eNews ... The world of MoTorsporTdirecTly Toyour deskTop Issue No. 146 March16 -22 2010 WHINCUP INA FORMULA 1 CAR AT ALBERT PARK REIGNINGCHAMPSSETFORF1/V8 CARSWAPNEXTWEEK –FULLDETAILS INSIDE! POWER PLAY! Aussies fight itout inIndyCar opener – and Will wins! EXCLUSIVE! Moto GP news >> WITH early Moto2 title leader Stefan Bradl’s hopes of moving to MotoGP now gone, the man who is rapidly supplanting him at the front of the intermediate class is now expected to make the move up one year earlier than originally planned. He is Marc Marquez, who can only be stopped from overtaking Bradl to add the Moto2 crown to his 2010 125 championship by a miracle, or a disaster. The 18-year-old Spaniard’s progress in the class has been astonishing. After crashing out of the first three races, he won his first at the fourth attempt. Since then he has failed to finish only once, in the rain at Silverstone. He has twice finished second, but has won every other round, for a total of seven victories, and is now just six points behind Bradl. He is regarded as a natural successor to Rossi as the next MotoGP superstar. Marquez has always turned away questions about when he would move, saying: “I want to win the Moto2 title first.” Now he is tipped to do so going away, and a team member confirmed to GPWEEK: “His manager Emilio Alzamora is already in discussions with HRC for a MotoGP bike. WITH the controversial visit to Japan’s rescheduled GP at Motegi just a fortnight away, all the top MotoGP riders including the main refuseniks have now confirmed they will attend the race. Opposition from the riders has been crumbling steadily as the race approached, after Rossi’s attempt at Indianapolis to get an organised riders’ rebellion fell on stony ground. With Dorna’s specially commissioned investigation reporting a negligible danger from radiation from the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant, less than 120 km from Motegi, and similar information from all other sources, there were no grounds for further opposition. At the start of the week before the Aragon race Yamaha confirmed that both factory riders Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies would be going to the race. Earlier in the season, Lorenzo had led the chorus of refusal, saying he would definitely not be attending. On Thursday, Rossi told the pre-race Press conference that he too would be going to the race. Only Stoner declined to give a definite answer ... and then only until later in the weekend. He will also go, though for once he will not be accompanied by his wife Adriana, who is expecting their first child. There is expected to be a full house on the MotoGP grid, though there may be some teams in the smaller classes which will stay away – at the risk of losing their chances of an entry for next year. Some who do go will be operating on a skeleton staff. One such is the Indian-owned Mahindra 125 team. The principles gave mechanics permission to make up their own minds without penalty, and they took the option to stay home. Riders Danny Webb and Marcel Schrotter will be there, as well as team manager Nicola Casadei and his crew chief: “ We will hire other mechanics from Italy, and possibly also in Japan,” he said. Other mechanics were not given the choice, and at least two – one from the Aspar team and one from BQR Racing – face dismissal if they continue to refuse. Dorna staff also say they have been told not to expect their contracts to be renewed if they decline. Marquez to MotoGP in 2012 Motegi: the stars confirm they will go