by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
GP Week : Issue 162
w BRIEFLY » Organisers of the rain-soaked British Grand Prix are still trying to put systems in place to handle enquiries from fans relating to unused tickets for Friday and Saturday. A statement on the Silverstone website urges fans to get in touch and await an individual reply. “We would like to thank fans that had tickets for the Friday and Saturday of the 2012 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix but had difficulties attending the event for your patience whilst we finalise systems and processes for handling enquiries,” the statement read. “Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to put a clear process in place as quickly as we can. If you have experienced difficulties please ensure that you keep hold of your unused tickets and relevant stubs and email us at BGP2012@ silverstone.co.uk and we will deal with queries on an individual basis. For any enquiries linked to bookings made through a third party please contact them directly.” » » Confusion arose this week over the long- term future of the Singapore Grand Prix when Bernie Ecclestone was quoted as confirming that a five-year extension had been agreed when – according to the race organisers – negotiations were still on-going. Ecclestone told the Singapore Today newspaper: “Everything that was in the way of the Singapore Grand Prix continuing for another five years has been cleared. I'm happy that this is out of the way because Singapore has been good to F1 and the night race has also been equally good for Singapore.” But the Singapore race organisers were quick to refute the F1 boss, releasing a statement that read: “What is presently on offer from Formula One Administration is insufficient for us to commit to a full five-year extension. We remain hopeful at reaching an outcome that is mutually beneficial to all parties.” As GPWEEK went to press it was unclear whether or not a contract extension had been agreed to. Ma Qing Hua made history at the Silverstone YDT when he became the first Chinese-born driver to test a Formula One car. “I’m very proud to represent China and be a pioneer for my nation in this sport,” he said. “I’m confident that these tests and the ones that will come in the future will help motorsport to grow in China in the future and will grant more opportunities for everyone. This is only a first small step, but once more I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has supported me and made this possible”. In 2009 Ho-Pin Tung, a Netherlands-born racer with a Chinese license, tested for Renault. Young Driver Test RED LETTER DAY F1 >>> NEWS 6 GPWEEK.com // PARTNERS: CLICK on Gallery to scroll through images, or Arrow for auto-scroll